Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Catching Up

whew!  I was out of town for four glorious days at WonderValley, retreating with my fellow guild members.  Can you believe that I forgot my camera?!  I remembered when I was 15 minutes into the drive, and decided to see if I could rough it. 

Apparently if I don't have my camera with me, I don't pay as much attention to the things around me.  Several times I reached for my camera, but groaned once again with realization that it was still on my desk.

Two days in, I remembered my iPad.  I took a few pictures, but the quality leaves a lot to be desired.

I worked a bit on the stained glass piece, but hit a snag when I machine-pieced a wedge.  Applique works better.  And this is not precision-piecing, it's Folk Art.  :)
 You can see how lumpy the machine-inserted arch looks, both on top and bottom.
The one on the left was by machine, the one on the right, by hand applique.

I also worked on a wedding quilt for D&M.  The wedding was in July, my goal was to have the top by Thanksgiving, and quilted by Christmas.  That's not likely to happen, since it's a bit more time-consuming than I thought it would be.  These are the two alternating blocks.  This is as far as I got over the four days.
 oops.  I had a bit of a pinning accident.
 I didn't feel it at all, so I was surprised when I put the pieces down and found them to be attached to my finger.
The only thing I finished over the weekend was to quilt and bind this little quilt of Christmas leftovers.
Finally!  Another UFO is finished!

Which reminds me of a notice on my nametag at retreat.  It said, "Working on her PhD - Projects half done"   hahaha!  I might have been working on a double PhD, with Projects half done, piled higher and deeper!

yep.  Not moving forward very quickly, but it's baby steps.  I'll get there eventually.

1 comment:

Barbara Sindlinger said...

I think you got a lot done at retreat - just didn't finish a lot. Those blocks for the wedding quilt are a complicated block - no wonder it took some time. Glad you had a relaxing time though. My turn this weekend at Wonder Valley. Can't wait. I will be there at 8 am when they let us in on Friday!