Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Party! P P P Party!

wow.  December is here!  I can tell by my calendar.  Party on Friday, party on Sunday, party on Monday...and it's just getting started.  By the end of the month, I'm likely to be partied out!

All of those parties mean lots of gift giving, big and small.  On Monday, our art group Sew Eclectic had its annual Christmas Feast.  Not everyone was able to make it, but here's our yearly snap for the history books:
We always do some sort of gift exchange.  This year, we exchanged postcards.  Well, most of us did.  Some slipped in a little quilt, in lieu of a postcard.  I don't think anyone minded, especially not the recipients of the quilts!

Here is the bounty that was distributed blindly:
This is the card I drew.  It was made by Beth Shaffer, of Porterville.  Don't you love it?  I love it.  It is the valley, with its rows of crops and the foothills in the distance.  I smile, every time I look at it!
 This is the one I gave.  It started as a snowflake, but morphed into the star.  At the last moment, the little bunny bead hopped into place.  I think he adds the perfect finishing touch.
And in between, I've made a few more heart ornaments.
I have plans for more quick Christmas quilting, but who knows what I'll get done.  It looks like this year I'll have to get it out earlier than usual, because they have a new delivery system in town.  "Brown" is the new green.  ;)
It's great when the sun has broken through, but we've been having a bit of fog.  I wouldn't like to be him on a day like this:
 Or a night like this:  (See how blurry the lights are in the fog?  I was standing on the walkway, about 25' from the house.)
Yes, it's shaping up to be a good Christmas.

Party on!

And don't forget the Reason for the season!




2 comments:

sewmuchfun said...

Yes, the holidays are a busy time! We must always remember the reason for the season! Love, love your heart ornaments.

Quiltedtime said...

Between the fog and the dust--and hopefully, the coming rain--I would not like to be delivering packages on a bike. Hope they all stay safe.