Saturday, December 27, 2014

Trying to Keep Up

Did you have a wonderful Christmas?  We did.  I wasn't ready for it, despite all of the advance notice.  What?  You mean Christmas is on the 25th this year?  yeah, I know.  I should have been ready.  Instead, I'm still finishing up gifts and shipping boxes.  Oh, and there are the elusive Christmas cards...I guess we'll just call it a New Year's letter this time around...

I finished up a couple of projects yesterday.  I made this ornament for my son and his new wife, but was stuck when I needed a purple ribbon.  I never did make it to the store.  Instead, I had a genius idea:  why not look in the box of purple trims?  And there it was:  the perfect ribbon.  The ornament is now in the hands of the USPS, scheduled to arrive (hopefully) on Monday.
The white satin strip on the front came from Penny's flower girl dress scraps.  The back is a dusty lavender Dupioni silk, from the dress's sash.

I finally addressed the latest round of cards for Postmark'd Art.  The theme for these is "Winter."


Hopefully they will arrive safely at their destinations some time in the next week or so.  (Did you notice that the backgrounds were made from scraps from the Advent pockets made back in November?)

Best of the Valley's online entry form is now good to go.  Please consider entering your work.  It is open to all, and it's a very, very good show.  You can check it out here.

Our buddy Roscoe disappeared about 10 days ago.  Someone let the dogs out.  We've been out on almost a daily basis looking for him, but our best guess is that he was dognapped.  If you see him, let us know.
And I guess that's about it.  The Visalia animals seem to have declared a truce, and spend a lot of time chasing each other up and down the hallway.  The pitter patter of tiny feet...

And on that, I'll wish you a premature Happy New Year, as my good intentions to blog have not been accomplished very regularly.  Hey!  That might be a good goal for the New Year.  Goals are good!!



2 comments:

Barbara Sindlinger said...

What a great gift for your son and wife. Very personalized ad special. I hope Rosco shows up soon. He's a beautiful dog.
Happy New Year to you too.

Quiltedtime said...

Your ornament is so lovely! What a treasure.

Happy New Year!