Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year!!

Ours started in the best possible way, with the discovery of Roscoe, languishing at the pound.  We'd been by 4 or 5 times, looking for him, had his picture posted on their bulletin board, advertised on Craigslist, put him on Facebook...and I walked in and found him cowering in a corner of a cage.  It was going to be my last visit, since I was mentally preparing myself to give up on finding him.  After 15 days, what was the likelihood?  Slim to none?  He was so bruised and torn up, I didn't recognize him.

 A trip to the vet, some heavy-duty pain killers and some TLC from his people did wonders to perk him up.  Here he is, after 24 hours at home.
He is feeling MUCH better.  He still has lots of puncture wounds, but now he's healing.  Our theory is that someone stole him to fight him.  By the looks of him, and where they found him (Woodville), I'm 95% convinced that's what happened.  It would be hard to sell me on a different scenario.  (BTW, he's a lover, not a fighter.  However, he will defend himself, if necessary.)

It is good to begin 2015, with everyone/every dog where they should be!

And now it's time to wrap up 2014.  What did I accomplish?  Apparently I finished 18 quilts, 64 postcards, 33 quilted cards, 40 heart ornaments, and 3 garments. 

Oh wait!  I finished three more postcards on Monday 12/29.  I forgot about them!
(I really should put a new cover on my ironing board!)

It looks like I finished a lot more than it felt like.  It felt like I didn't get any quilting done.  2015 is going to be a year for finishes.  I can feel it!!

And the amazing thing?  I ended with a mere 30 carry-over quilts from my 2014 UFO list!!  That is an all-time low, for as long as I've been keeping record.  Sure, there will be new additions, but not that many.  Maybe a few baby quilts that are already cut out, and the wedding quilt, but wow!  I might actually conquer this list if I really put my mind to it!

And with that, we'll announce our motto for 2015, "Goals are good!"

Yeah, I know.  Same old, same old, but it's a classic, and it works for me.  Why mess with a good thing?  Happy New Year!!!

5 comments:

Heather said...

Poor baby. Glad he's home.

Elaine said...

So glad Roscoe is found and back home. What an awful ordeal for him. Blessings to you in this New Year!

Quiltedtime said...

So glad to see that Roscoe is recuperating so quickly. Bet he is ecstatic to be home.

sewmuchfun said...

I will never understand how someone can abuse animals! May 2015 bring you much health and happiness and accomplishing goals!

Barbara Sindlinger said...

So glad Roscoe came home to his family. I hope he recovers quickly. Like Diane, can't imagine what kind of people would abuse an animal. (Well, abuse anyone too.) I have been gone for the last 4 days so I haven't had a chance to count my finishes. But I did finish one this weekend to enter in BOTV.

I like your motto - no need to change it.