Monday, February 23, 2015

Madly Quilting

I posted this on Facebook, with the caption, "This IS my happy face."

I had no idea I looked such a grump while I'm sewing.  What was I thinking, as I set the camera on a 10 second delay?  I was thinking, "I'm loving this quilt!  It's turning out better than expected!  This is going to be the beginning of a series!"

Thinking that the frowny face was an aberration, I snapped another one. 
oh dear.  I guess that IS my face.  I'm sorry.  I really am having a lovely afternoon.

Today I am going to tack down the last edge of facing, and knock out a sleeve, and hopefully the label.  This is my 2015 "Valley Life" challenge for Best of the Valley.  The deadline is March 2.  (There's a one day extension, since the 1st falls on a Sunday.)

Hopefully I'm not the only one madly stitching.  I can't wait to see this year's entries.  Last year's challenge quilts were spectacular! 


3 comments:

Sara Kelly said...

That is the face of deep focus. Calm and serene.

sewmuchfun said...

Awesome! Can't wait to see your quilt and the others!

Barbara Sindlinger said...

I think we all make that face when we are concentrating too. Can't wait to see the challenge quilts again this year.