Monday, March 30, 2015

Lots of Computer Time

Not much of anything else.  Then again, on Saturday, I had a delightful diversion.  My friend Debbie decided to celebrate her retirement and 60th birthday in style.  She threw a party, and invited her friends.  But get this:  She threw a quilting party!!  She rented a room from 8:30-4:30, and invited all of the members of her friendship groups to come and help her celebrate.  Not only were there cake and other goodies, but she served us lunch, and handed out amazing door prizes.  It was fantastic!
 The door prize I selected was this green project box.  Perfect!  It's exactly what I need!  See?  It already holds a new project, the baby quilt that I worked on during the party.  yay!
(There are actually two quilts in the box, one for a boy, one for a girl.)

I finished a couple of postcards, and have already put them in the mail.

What else?  Oh!  My iris are working very hard to bloom.  I feel so sorry for them!  My gardener has been pumping them full of some sort of "bloom encourager" which is working on some of them.  Look at this poor yellow baby.  It didn't even try to grow leaves.  How did it do this?
 This little purple-rimmed beauty is one of my favorites.
 The white iris are also blooming.  I got the angle right to avoid all the dry bark and concrete that surround it.
And I think that's it.  It will be a surprise to both of us, if I post anything more before April 15.  I have a quilt show to concentrate on.  I do hope that you come and see us!!

1 comment:

Barbara Sindlinger said...

I can't remember where I put my paper - when do the quilts have to be turned in?

Love the Iris. I have not one flower anywhere on our property so thanks for sharing your beautiful floweres.