Saturday, April 4, 2015

Almost Here!

The excitement is building, and the preparations continue.  In two days, the quilts will be checked in, and Show Week 2015 will be underway.  Me?  I'm still sitting behind the computer, creating more lists and signs and this, that, and the other thing.  I need to get out and about, but some of the quilts from out of town aren't here, and I daren't leave, just in case they're coming via USPS, UPS or FedEx.  I can think of one quilter in particular, who has always shipped her quilts.  Oh, wait.  Make that two.

I need to switch vehicles and get to the storage unit before it closes today, since I really don't want to do that at 7am on Monday.  That doesn't sound like any fun at all.  But I know it will work out.  It always does.  :)

In the meantime, my garden is forcing itself to bloom.  It's not doing it gracefully, with the exception of the roses.  But with some careful camera angles, I can make them look pretty good.  Just don't look too closely, or the aphids and snail trails will give you the willies!
 The stems of those gerberas are barely 1" long.  I've never seen anything like that, before.  But the roses?  I've got plenty of long-stemmed beauties this year.
 A few of the iris are forcing themselves to bloom.  They're pretty stressed about it, but I do love to look at them.  They're better than Easter eggs!
 This Dutch iris has also bloomed.  I hadn't noticed it pushing up through the spent narcissus.  He's pretty striking, no?
And this year, I have no lilies blooming for Easter.  I have plenty of plants, just no blooms.  Therefore, I will leave you with photos from yesteryear.
Happy Easter!

No comments: