Friday, October 30, 2015

All Good Things Come to an End

My feet hurt, but my heart is full, and my brain is on inspiration overload.  hooey!  What a week!  So many wonderful quilts!  So much eye candy!  And so much fun!

I wouldn't even know where to start.  When it comes to showing quilts that caught my eye, well, I took a LOT of photos.  I'm usually not much for taking pictures at quilt shows, unless I'm doing it for publicity purposes.

Here are a few of the things that caught my eye:
 There was the angel dog, and the CanCan woman.
 And, oh!  Look!  There's Jeremy, on the right!  He's our LQS owner, master of Thimble Towne.
I thought I saw Thing 1 and Thing 2,
 But upon closer examination, it turns out that they were Drunks 1, 2, & 3.  (They were self- labelled:  No commentary was involved in the previous sentence.)
 How about this idea, for keeping pipes (of pipe & drape) from tipping.  There were weights holding them in place.  (When you're involved with a quilt show, you notice things like this.)
And I suppose you would like to see a quilt?  This is one of my favorites.  I spotted it in a special exhibit, in the back portion of the room.
I thought I'd taken a picture of the narrative, but it seems to be missing.  I think the artist was from Australia, or perhaps New Zealand.

And tomorrow, my visit draws to a close.  Back on the plane, Lord willing, and I'll be back at home before you know it.  Then again, there were tornadoes and flooding in other parts of Texas.  Here's hoping the weatherman is correct, when he says they're nowhere near Houston!

1 comment:

Barbara Sindlinger said...

That feather quilt is beautiful. I can see why you like it.

Love the other costumes. What a fun time to be at a quilt show.