Saturday, November 7, 2015

Retreat!

So many hours!  So many projects!  So little progress, in the great scheme of things.  But it's all forward momentum, so that's good.

I've made some progress on my quilt from that David Taylor class back in 2014, though I'm still not to the point where everything is prepped and ready to go.  Baby steps.  It's all baby steps.

Speaking of babies, I've pieced one baby quilt and part of another.
On the second one, I'd cut the parts from scraps.  Unfortunately, I only cut enough to make 27 blocks, not the 30 required to complete the quilt.  These have been returned to the UFO box, and I'm on to the next thing.
Do you recognize these strips?  They were leftover from that Made in the USA challenge entry that I made back in August.  Rather than toss the trims, I sewed them together.  Now I have a single piece in the UFO pile, rather than a dozen strips.
I stopped at the Mennonite Quilt Center on my way to Wonder Valley, and picked up some extenders for my blue collection.

When I got here, Calico Mermaid set up shop.  I did a similar shop with her, to expand my white on white collection, though I have yet to take a picture.

And with that, this has been a nice chance to check up on my email. 
 The sky is glorious, the air is crisp and clean, I'm ready to walk back to my machine and get back to work. 
 Perhaps by the end of the day, I will have more to share. 
Goals are good!

2 comments:

Sara Kelly said...

Your strip piece looks like another sunset. This time you could put in a marine mammal like a breaching whale or leaping dolphin. Just sayin' :-)

Barbara Sindlinger said...

I think you've done a lot. Keep going but have fun at the same time.