Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Flying Time

Christmas is just around the corner.  Are you ready?  Oh, I thought I might be, but life had other plans.

I basted a stack of baby quilts, and even got one quilted.  I suspect that the month of January will see me spending a lot of time in the studio, but I'm getting ahead of myself.
 Quilts from earlier years were put to good use, as Penny recovered from a stomach bug.
 On the 18th, Grandpa took Penny (and her mom) to see the SF Ballet perform The Nutcracker.  Looks like they had a GREAT time!
I stayed behind, to keep track of the well drillers.  Yesterday, we finally made it to 500'.  We're about a week away from completion of the drilling portion of this project.  Machines broke down, rain came (yay!) and in general, it's been a muddy mucky mess out there.
 Look at that glop.  I'm not even sure if this is what they dug out of the well, or if it's what they were using to do the drilling.  It's just...gross.  blech.
I spent last week keeping watch over the doggies.  This is what Pixel looked like when she was at her house.
 This is where she hangs out at my house.
Roscoe was there too
 And Sheila.
When my son got back into town, I took a few days off.  Then yesterday, when there was a break in the weather, I suggested we let the dogs run.  One thing led to another, and in the end, I slipped in the mud.
 The bad news is that I broke my fibula.  The good news is that my son put lights on the tree for me.
We've got family coming in tomorrow, and lots of plans for the next 10 days.  If I don't check in with you, don't worry.  We're not planning on breaking any more bones.  Merry Christmas, my friends!!

1 comment:

Quiltedtime said...

Okay, I have backtracked far enough to find out what happened to your poor leg. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers, Suzanne.