Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Time

Back in October, when I was in Houston, vendors would stop me and ask, "What are you looking for?"  I would reply, "Got any time for sale?"  Others would ask, "What do you need?" I would reply, "I need more hours in the day...I need more time."

"Ask and ye shall receive."  Apparently that holds, even when one is being a smart aleck.  :)

What I got for Christmas was a boatload of time.  Hours of time.  Days and weeks of reclaimed time, in which I cannot drive, and am limited in the household chores I can perform.  I asked for it, but now that I have it?  What am I going to do with it?

Well...

Yesterday I began to tackle my household desk.  Actually, this was the third time I'd gone after it this week, but I decided that taking a picture of it would be very motivational.  A friend wrote back, delighted to see that, "Someone's desk is worse than mine!!"  hahahaha!  yep.  You should have seen it LAST week.
 I got a section of it cleared off yesterday, but I'm going to have to go back and begin with the drawers.  Much of the stuff on top needs to be filed away, but the drawers are too full.  I see shredding in my future, before I continue this archaeological dig of my desktop.  I found an envelope of photos for Christmas cards from 2013!  I can't wait to see what else I uncover.
 A couple of hours of digging through the desk was enough.  My son's girlfriend brought down my knitting, and I put in a few rows on the mostly wool poncho I started long ago.  Maybe I'll even get a chance to wear it in 2016.  Goals are good.
 Here is proof that I'm behaving myself.  Before the cast, my foot was as fat as an overgrown zucchini, and my toes looked like little gumdrops glued on as an afterthought.  Now my toes look like toes again.  I hope to keep it that way.  The great thing about the cast, is that when swelling starts, I have to elevate it.  With the boot, I just readjusted the straps and let the swelling continue.
So, anyway, today is a good day.  Rather than list all of the things I can NOT do for the next couple of months, I will seek out the things that I have not been doing because of lack of time.  Just think!  I might write past page 45 in my novel.  Wouldn't that be something!  Ahhh, yes.  Goals are good, and I've got a brand new year coming, just waiting to meet them.

2 comments:

Vicki W said...

Glad you are doing better!

Franki Kohler said...

We all must be careful about what we ask for! I love the fact that now that you've gotten your wish of time you are not grousing, but seeing all the positive things that will come of it. Brava! You will feel so good about all your accomplishments.