Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Plugging Along

My living room was a living room, until the first of the year.  Then I started shifting things, to make sewing accessible.  I started small.
 Then added a few things, like two chairs and a light,
 And then thread, and more projects,
 And before you know it?  I've taken over the whole room.  How much space does one quilter need?  As much as she can get, apparently.
The good news is that the productivity has not stopped.  I finished another quilt yesterday.  This one is a Many Trips Around the World, aka, Trips Around the Nursery.
I'm not much for new gadgets, but in November, I picked up two packages of these handy red clippies.  In December, I received another 10, bringing my total to 30.  It is the perfect number, and I really am enjoying using these.  I've always pinned my bindings, but a few years back we had a teacher who started bending and breaking ALL of my slightly bent pins, saying they were "useless!"  I was quite taken aback, but since that time, I've been very aware of my collection of bent pins.  These little clippies are the perfect thing to keep me from ruining any more pins on binding.  I don't remember what they are called, but I believe they are from Clover.
In other quilt news, I've cut 6" slices from my stash in preparation for trying to get an entry done before the deadline of January 31.  I feel like I've finished enough utility quilts this month, and it's time to do something that requires a bit of creativity.  Goals are good, and I keep setting them!  Quilt faster!  Quilt faster!  yep.  That's my mantra, until this leg is healed.

2 comments:

Vicki W said...

The good news is that your family might get used to having your stuff in the living room permanently.

Barbara Sindlinger said...

Look at you go--finishing another quilt.

I do believe we quilters use as much space as is given us.