Monday, May 30, 2016

Grey Days Away

I mentioned that I headed out to the coast.  Here, June Gloom has been in full force, though it's only May.  When compared to the valley's 100 degrees, I have no complaints, whatsoever.  I've been asked to share pictures, so here are some images of Laguna Beach.  The umbrella is on the brick patio, right outside the door to our room.
 Yesterday, there was enough of a breeze that a few sailboats ventured out in the afternoon.
 The flag flies daily on the point.  I've yet to see a sunset, so I've only got daytime pics.
 Tsunami zone?  We don't have signs like this at home!  :)
 The trees here are all extensively manicured.  I've never seen anything like it.

 Palm trees are chopped into conformity.
 Eucalyptus are stripped of peeling bark.
 Weird wind-blown trees are groomed like giant bonzai.



And the birds!  This had to be a raven, because it was three times the size of any crow I've ever seen.  That is a rooftop, with full-sized shingles!
 There are also hummingbirds, right on the coast.  This one was looking out to sea...
 And the Art!  There is art EVERYWHERE!
 I'll leave you with this, the best photo I've snapped so far.  Hope you find it inspirational!

2 comments:

Barbara Sindlinger said...

Busy busy girl. I like that you take the time to go out and take pictures. I was in Cambria this weekend. The only pictures I took were of a leak in the house and quilts we girls finished.

Enjoy your time.

Sewmuchfun said...

Beautiful pictures!