Tuesday, July 12, 2016

What Happened To July?!

When last I posted, I thought I would be quilting some time soon.  But I didn't.  Instead, I moped around wallowing in the heat, half-heartedly trying to find my quilt mojo.  I couldn't find it anywhere!

Then, last week, we went to Cayucos and Morro Bay, just for the day.  Oh my!  I found inspiration everywhere.  Along with the inspiration was frustration: I forgot my camera at home!  Despite being the new owner of my first iPhone, I found it to be a poor substitute for my beloved Canon.
 When my husband gave me the iPhone, he said that I could use it to send selfies to him every day.  I think I've only missed one day so far.  This was Wednesday's.  ;)
 There were rafts/romps of otters in Morro Bay, and I couldn't stop complaining about forgetting my camera.  This is about the best picture I could get, even with the "zoom" on the iPhone.  I doubt I will forget my REAL camera again any time in the near future.  This was my first time EVER to see otters in the wild, so I don't expect to repeat the experience any time soon.
There were also some seals right up near shore, so I took advantage of them to practice with the iPhone.  I may have a "smart" phone now, but I basically use it to make phone calls and text.  I realize I am in the minority, but I'm still skeptical of the big whoop-de-do.  So far?  I'm not a fan.

As I said, I thought I would do some quilting this month, but it's been a long time coming.  Finally, finally, I quilted one of those baby quilts that I basted back in November.  It didn't take me long to remember why it's important to clear off your quilting surface when machine quilting.  You might end up with something like this.
 But I did get it finished last night.  Hubby asked who it's for.  hmmm, well, it's for a baby.  The list of babies that I owe quilts to is long, so I'll have to choose wisely for its assignment.  The primary goal was just to get it finished.  I'm so glad I can call it Done!
 Next up?  I signed up for a 16 week online course with Katie Pasquini Masopust.  The first assignment is due early next week.  This is about as far as I've gotten.  oh dear.  I'm still not as motivated as I hoped I would be.  I specifically signed up for this to get my motivation back.
Stay tuned.  Fingers crossed that I will have something to show to the teacher by Monday.  Goals are good!

2 comments:

Barbara Sindlinger said...

Just sit at the machine and sew 2 pieces of fabric together. Maybe your mojo will come back.

Franki Kohler said...

I have faith in you, Suzanne! One step at a time. . .