Thursday, September 29, 2016

A Bit o' Shopping

You may already know this, but if you do not, the SAQA Benefit Auction is currently happening online.  You can see the quilts for sale here.  They're in the second week, selling the second grouping, and the price right now is $250.  Tomorrow they will be $150, then $100 on the weekend.  And then, next week, Section 3 goes up for sale.  My quilt, "Big Fish," is in Section 3.  (You can also see "Big Fish" on my side bar.)

Last week, I enjoyed a bit of end of week shopping.  These two arrived on Monday:
 "Abstract #3" by Shoshi Rimer

"Green Fields" by Christine Hager-Braun

I may not feel comfortable making Abstract Art, but that doesn't mean I don't appreciate it.  And "Green Fields"?  I LOVE it.  I've seen Christine's work before, and I suspect you have figured out that I find it very inspiring.  She uses very little fabric, but oh, doesn't it tell a story?!

And that's all I've got for now.  I'm back in the studio, working on baby quilts and some birthday cards.  Just thought I should let you know that I may not be making art today, but I'm certainly enjoying it!

No comments: