Saturday, September 3, 2016

Knock Off Another UFO

In the lull created by the completion of Lesson #4 and the contemplation of Lesson #5, it seemed like a good time to finish quilting a half-quilted baby quilt.  It's been pushed aside since when?  Probably November.  I don't do "modern" very well, and this was a half-hearted attempt. 
 I thought it would be fun to take pictures of it the way I used to.  Nice legs on that quilt holder, eh?  The top picture is of the front, the bottom is of the back.  I put together that pink color run, set in pink, back at Asilomar YEARS ago.  I'm glad to finally put it to use!
wow.  Afternoon lighting makes the yard look tropical.  It's actually mostly dry bark.  I kind of like the way it looks in these pictures.  It's all an illusion.

Finishing this one makes me feel worthy of the button Elaine bestowed upon me last week.  (She bought a variety for our little group, and let everyone else pick theirs.  Mine was assigned.  :)
 Yesterday as I was driving through Tulare, I saw 2 of these guys gliding over the corn.  Where did they come from?  Where were they going?  When I finally looked at the image on my computer, I was relieved to note that they have fans attached to their backsides...much better than thinking they'd jumped from an airplane!!
And that's all I've got for now.  I'm working on my pattern and have selected the fabrics for Lesson #5.  All I'll tell you at this point is that it's ACHROMATIC.  The lack of color is doing a number on me.  I've got 9 days to complete the top.  The clock is ticking!

1 comment:

Sewmuchfun said...

Love the baby quilt and the legs!