Monday, January 30, 2017

Under The Wire

whew!  I am pleased to announce that I finished my last postcards for Postmark'd Art, Round 26, "Barns" theme.  whew!
 They are rustic.  haha.  I believe I made them with raw silk.  Silly, that.
 They're the same, yet different.  I have 3 more cut out, but I'm not sure I'll finish them.  The fiber is very shreddy.
I guess that means it took me the entire month to meet half of my first week of January goals.  hmmm.  Hopefully February will be more productive.

My primary February goal is to get my entries submitted to Best of the Valley Quilt Show.  The deadline is February 14.  If I really got my act together, I could get my entries done tonight.  Or tomorrow.  Please.  Do not hold your breath!

My dad has said that he wants to go home, so I'll be heading south again in the next few days.  My hubby had surgery on his nose today, and I hesitate to leave him home alone.  Then again, he decided to go back to work this afternoon, after the procedure ended.  (It was a skin cancer removal thingie.  Took almost 5 hours with three slice & biopsy evaluations.)  He expects to work tomorrow.  I hope he knows what he's doing, and that he listens to his nose if it tells him to stay home.  His work involves dairy cows and lots of manure.  Not exactly hygienic for open wounds, but hey, what do I know.  He's the doctor.  ;)

But you didn't want to hear all that.  You want to know what's happening in the studio.  The sad sorry state of affairs is that nothing much is happening there.  If anything changes, you'll be the first to know.

1 comment:

Barbara Sindlinger said...

Great barns. Lots of thread detail. Sorry you are having the shredding problem. I looks like it's home dec fabrics.

I'm sorry your dad wants to go home. I would imagine he's a little home sick. I know my dad wouldn't handle being away from his own place for long.

Hey, if you can't get your BOTV entries done, I know the lady in charge. She might give you a little extra time. *wink wink*