Thursday, February 2, 2017

More Postcards

Yesterday I had about an hour in the studio.  First, I pored over lists and quilts, trying to decide what to enter in Best of the Valley Quilt Show.  I came up with 7 possibilities, all them wall-sized or smaller.  Not one "small" (72"-48" on the longest side) or large quilt in the bunch.  wow.  I really do need to reevaluate what I've been spending time on.  Most of my recent pieces have also been too small to enter in most national quilt shows.  I don't think I entered a single national show last year, which is probably the first time in 20 years that I've failed to do that.  Like I said, time to reevaluate.

I found the scraps I'd cut for more barn postcards, and decided to finish them, rather than toss the fabric.  You knew that would happen, didn't you?  I rarely toss anything.

The last quilt-related thing I did yesterday was to dig through my box of solids, to find the piece of twilight blue that I'd used in my son's Big Boy Quilt, over 20 years ago.  That quilt has seen a lot of wear and tear, most of which is in the binding, which is holey and shredding.  I washed the fabric yesterday, and perhaps today will press and cut new binding.  The thing is, the color is completely different from the current color of the quilt, but I am certain it is the same fabric.  Fade happens.  I'll post pictures on another day.  Right now, my dad is asleep in the room next to the studio, and I don't want to disturb him.  We'd planned to go south yesterday, but instead, he preferred to stick around.

One at a time.  That's how we're doing this.
Every day is a gift.

And on that, I'd best put in some time on the quilt show.  Goals are good!

No comments: