Saturday, April 15, 2017

Tradition!

On Thursday, one of our new members at guild volunteered to do a trunk show.  I had no idea what to expect, as she's lived out of state for years.  I know her mother, Phyllis, better than I know Alleen.  But when you look at a person's quilts, I feel like you get to know the person.

Let me introduce you to Alleen Parker:

I love the way the red pops these blocks.  She said she helped her grandmother with the piecing, when she (Alleen) was 8 years old.  She's now retired, so it's been a while.  What a bold graphic quilt!  It makes me happy.
This quilt was made from her grandfather's clothes and pajamas.  She said nothing about the hands in the border, but they really personalize it and give it character.
This one is Delectable Mountains, made while she lived in Idaho.
 This one is string-pieced.  Makes me want to pull out my string box and once again begin stitching to muslin.
And that's all I've got for you today, folks.  I made a couple of birthday cards, but can't share them until next week.  I missed the mailman this morning, so I'll probably post them on Wednesday.

Until then, be inspired!

No comments: