Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Sleeves and Labels

 I finished "Charlie:  In Color and Black & White."  It was a lot of fun to write the narrative about our cat, who owns the neighborhood.  Every day he makes the rounds, from neighbor to neighbor, allowing/demanding attention from anyone caught outside.  This quilt was based on a photo taken when he was a teenager.  He went through a stage of feline angst.  or something. He's a great cat.

I've made and attached the sleeves to "Charlie" and to "Harvest Barns" (last post), so all they need are labels.  Today I will be setting up the embroidery machine to stitch them out.  Goals are good.

My #2 son turns 31 on Saturday.  I finished up this card and will be sending it on its way today.  Again, goals are good.
 Monday afternoons and Tuesday days are spent watching my #2 granddaughter.   Such a cutie pie!!  She's 5 months old, today.  Time has wings!!
This weekend, I have plans to attend a quilt retreat in the mountains.  This weekend, the weather has plans to dump lots of rain and "up to 3' of snow in the Sierras.'  oh my.  I don't do snow.  I don't have the proper attire.  I am considering staying home, turning up the heat, and sewing here.

Either way, I hope to have something to show from the weekend by early next week. 
Goals are good!!
Happy Quilting!!

2 comments:

Calico Mermaid said...

Oh, Suzanne! We won't be that high up in the mountains. Yesterday SCICON just had a light dusting of snow in the morning.
You'll have a nice warm room to snuggle up in.
Georg.

Barbara Sindlinger said...

Go on the retreat. Get things done and enjoy! You'll be super busy the next month or so and you will be glad you took this time.