Sunday, May 27, 2018

Maintaining Momentum

I'm not quilting as intensely as I was at the Mermaid Retreat, but I'm trying to keep moving forward.  The first thing I did was to finish the binding on an almost-finished-at-retreat baby quilt.
 Once that was done, I went to work on the footstool.  The fabric part was finished,
 but attaching it to the base?  Not as easy as a chair.  I made two trips to the hardware store for the proper size wood screws.  Turned out  my original purchase was correct.  oops.
 Once done, I brought it outside for a photo shoot. 
Someone say photo shoot?  Here we are!  Cheese!
 I like this angle best.  There is Scruffy, in the background, shuffling off in a sulk because I scolded him for getting too sniffy friendly with the furniture.  He thought it was for him.  Sorry, Scruffy!
Then, yesterday, I quilted a baby quilt.  I hope to trim and bind it today.  Goals are good, doncha know?

Here it is on my design wall.  I guess I neglected to take a picture of the first iteration.  This is a definite improvement.
 And yes, you may have noticed, there's a lot more stacking and storing going on in the Studio than designing.  If I can sew my way out of this mess, maybe I'll have more to show you sometime soon.

Back to work!
Goals are good!

No comments: