Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Shopping at the Quilt Show

I'm still busy putting the show to rest, though it's been a few weeks.  I've finally emptied the van, and transferred most everything to the storage unit.  My garage is still overly full, but I'm getting there.  Baby steps.  It's all baby steps.

On Day 1 of Best of the Valley, I made the bold statement that "I never buy fabric at quilt shows." 

Then again, I do have several quilts waiting in the wings that need to be organized and produced.  I have a few ideas in mind, and with that?  I pulled out the credit card.  oh my.
 Here are the results, viewed from both directions.  I have a lot of prewashing in my future!
 I bought these painted treasures from Rainbow Resources, and hope to use them soon.
 These twists of silk were from Tenaj.  I have a plan for them, too.
Lots of plans, just not so much quilting.

I made it to an estate sale last week.  There, I found a couple of inexpensive pieces of oak furniture.
 The chest is in great condition, and came lined with cedar and a non-closing hinge.  It's perfect for a toy chest!
 The oak end table needs a bit of TLC, but it's made in USA, so I'm sure it will quickly respond to a bit of sanding, staining and sealing.
And the final news from around here?  I was thinking of getting another cat (kitten) to take Charlie's place, but my son called two weeks ago from work.  "Mom?  Someone dumped two puppies in the orchard."

I put my foot down, but when he assured me, "They're not that big," I capitulated.  Pidge and Pudge are thriving, now that they are eating regularly.  I should take a newer picture, since they are no longer skin and bones.
 These pictures were taken within their first hour of arrival.
 After feeding them for a week, they officially weighed in at 5.6lbs and 4.6lbs.
And they are the sweetest little loves.  I might just have to keep them.

Quilt-wise?  We just posted the images of the top award winners at BOTV 2018.  You can see them here.

1 comment:

Barbara Sindlinger said...

How wonderful that you are adopting. They look so sweet.

And holy cow, when you decide to go shopping, you go shopping!!!! Have fun washing and ironing.