Saturday, September 15, 2018

County Fair

The Tulare County Fair is currently open, and will be through Sunday.  I was pleased to spot "Harvest Barns" front and center, wearing a BOS, Professional rosette.  The quilt below it, with the pincushion, was made by my friend Wendy VB.  Her rosette reads Best of Division.  Fun, fun, fun!!

 I spent a few hours on each of the past few days helping with the handquilting on our 2019 opportunity quilt.  The red, white, and blue quilt hanging behind the frame is our 2018 opportunity quilt.  It sports a blue ribbon, a Best of Division rosette, and Best of Show.  woohoo!!  Good job, Valley Oak Quilt Guild!!
I may not have been spending much time creating quilts, but this year?  I'm making an effort to enter the quilts that I have been able to finish.  whew!!  Goals are good!!

P.S.  I also have two quilts hanging at PNQE in Oaks, PA this weekend.  A third quilt has been accepted to PIQF in October.  yay!

No comments: