Friday, October 26, 2018

Blocks of the Month

The last time I posted, I realized that I'd been remiss in sharing the past months' blocks of the month with you.  I am the Block of the Month chairman for Valley Oak Quilt Guild.  We've had excellent participation throughout the summer, which was unexpected.  Some of the blocks have been challenging, and yet, the guild members have been willing to give it a try.

Our block for July was an 8-pointed star.  I asked the members to make one for the drawing, and one for a Quilt of Honor, to be given to a veteran at the county fair.  The blocks were returned, but the turn-around time was too fast.  The quilt will be ready for 2019.  These were the blocks in the drawing:
 The block for August was Delectable Mountains, done in "mountain" colors.  Twenty eight blocks should be enough to make a quilt top.
 September's block was Sister's Choice.  It, too, was pretty popular.  Love the colors!
 October's block was a bit over-the-top challenging, with the Wild Goose Chase. And yet, the results are wonderful!  I'm sure the winner was over the moon with delight.
After such a time-consuming block last month, the block for November is something simple.  What could be easier than a Monkey Wrench?  Hmmm  I thought I had a picture of the sample blocks, but I don't seem to be able to easily access them.  Maybe next time.

Hope you enjoyed the show.  I know I've had a lot of fun choosing blocks each month.  It's always great to choose one that is a hit with the members.  Now, hmmm.  What to choose for December...

1 comment:

Barbara Sindlinger said...

You are getting such a good turnout for the block of the month. I participate in our guilds each month and haven't won in a while. It's fun to try different blocks and my goal is to use only fabrics from my scraps.