Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Busy Month

Last week, I gave a trunk show at Valley Oak Quilt Guild.  The following day, I taught a class.  I called it "Freeform Seascapes."  I think it went really well, though there were only five students.  It was a lot of fun, and each seemed pretty happy with their results.  They were all quilting by the time the class ended, and one student even had the binding on her quilt!

Here are the student projects:
 The next day, our son and daughter-in-law arrived from Missouri.  They're here for the wedding on Saturday.  Our last son is getting married.  woohoo!

I put off making the flower girl dress until this past weekend.  You know how children are.  They grow so quickly and unexpectedly.  I wanted to be sure I only had to make one dress.  :)
 whew!!  It fits!  yay!!
So, yes.  I've been quite busy.  Next week everything should calm down a bit.  I cleared out my Sewing Annex.  I removed the twin bed and replaced it with a queen.  Did I tell you that I went to the Common Threads boutique?  I did.  And I came away with a quilt, made by The Pointless Quilter.  Isn't it perfect?
The kids say the room is quite comfortable.  yay!!  It's taken me years to put a second queen bed in my house, but now that I've done it?  I wonder why I didn't do it long ago.  oh well.  Oh, and it's a Casper mattress, which my boys all say is the best bed ever.

Hopefully I'll get a chance to check in next week with some pictures from the wedding.  Goals are good!

1 comment:

Barbara Sindlinger said...

Congrats on the upcoming nuptials. Now they can never come back home to live. ha ha.

I think the quilt looks great on the bed. So glad it worked out. Thank you.

Debbie took your class and said she enjoyed it. If I didn't work....