Sunday, January 13, 2019

Happy Bloggerversary!

Yesterday was our 11th anniversary.  It's been so long!  Time has flown. I was so busy, I missed touching base with you.  Is "But I was quilting!" an acceptable excuse?

I have a Monday deadline for two pieces for our Sew Eclectic challenge.  Each participant has at least one piece of the picture.  Tomorrow, we put them up on the wall and see what we've got.  What I've got is half done.  And I've got two pieces.

Here is the first section:
 It's actually further along now, almost completely quilted.

Here is the second section:
 The pieces at the bottom have all been appliqued into place.  I still need to choose fabrics, and then cut and applique the second half of the second piece.  yikes!  I'm running out of time!  Quilt faster!  Quilt faster!!

And finally, here is our little grandson.  At two weeks old, he's already gained a pound.  He and his daddy are getting along splendidly.  Such a tiny slip of a thing!
And that's all I've got for now.

oh wait!
Block of the Month for January was returned on Thursday.  The pattern is Broken Dishes, and is the perfect way to use up scrap triangles.  Not everyone read the caution about placement of lights and darks, but most of them did very well.  :)
And that's it for now.
Happy Quilting!!

1 comment:

sewmuchfun said...

What a great challenge for your sewing group. Your grandbaby is adorable!