Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Another Finish

I just finished my BOTV Challenge, which is due on March 1.  wow.  The theme is "Valley Agriculture."  I'm not sure if anyone grows purple peppers, other than in their backyard, but I had this block in my orphaned block box and it was already 16" x 16".  The finished piece is 18" x 24".

I made the pepper block in a class taught by Ruth McDowell in 2002, at a C&T Teachers Workshop in Santa Clara.  Wow.  That was a LONG time ago!!  The block was finished in the class, and has been in storage ever since.

I'm not sure I'll be getting much quilting done in the next couple of months, but that doesn't mean it won't happen.  This evening, I will be sewing on my last sleeve.  Tomorrow, I'll stitch out the last three labels, and attach them to the quilts.

The rest of my time?  Is either spent babysitting, or working on the upcoming Best of the Valley Quilt Show.  I hope you've marked your calendars and are planning to attend.
 Grandchildren are quite the blessing!!


2 comments:

Barbara Sindlinger said...

Purple Pepper - Love it. Colorful and appropriate for the valley.
And yes, grandkids are a blessing. Such cuties!

sewmuchfun said...

Your grandbabies are adorable. Love the Pepper quilt! Looking forward to BOTV!