Sunday, January 27, 2008

Ricky Tims Super Seminar


Oh. My. Gosh. Talk about getting an infusion of inspiration!!! I had the good fortune to be one of the 500 quilters to attend the Ricky Tims Super Seminar in Livermore, CA this past weekend. ohmygosh! I just want to sit down at my sewing machine and begin CREATING. My mind is swimming. Yes, I KNOW I have commitments. I KNOW I have quilts waiting their turns for finishing, but really. There is so much else that I want to do now as well. Where does a quilter even begin?
How do you like this picture? I like it better than the glam shot. This one makes Ricky look real, like an approachable human being, which he totally is. The first shot makes him look like a celebrity, and I get a bit intimidated. I know. We're all quilters. But still. He's THE Ricky Tims, you know? :)

I neglected to write down the name of this quilt, but this is one of his pieces. It gives you an idea of his eye for color and design. Isn't it amazing? And what is even more amazing is his saying that he drew the circle patterns by pounding a nail through a yardstick and his wooden floor !!!

I'm totally exhausted from three days of fun. All I can say is this: If you are a quilter, and EVER have the chance to attend one of his seminars, TAKE ADVANTAGE OF IT. I went with quite a group of local quilters, and I think each and every one of us got more out of it than we'd expected. It was truly a delight to be part of it.

OH! You don't even have to be a quilter. He's leading a Creativity Cruise for all kinds of artists some time next year. Google him, find his website and check it out. I promise you. You will be inspired. :)

No comments: