Thursday, January 17, 2008

No ringy-dingies

You know the feeling. The phone is there, you want it to ring, but it doesn't. sigh. Yesterday was one of those "no ringy-dingy" days. When the phone rang, it wasn't the caller I was hoping for.

There. It's out there. I admit it. I was hoping to hear from Road to CA that perhaps one of my quilts won a monetary prize. But they didn't. oh well. There's always next year. ;)

I showed you one of the quilts in an earlier post (Sentries in the Garden), but I hadn't shown you the other quilt.
The Light Shines in the Darkness
40.5" x 40.5"
2006

I shouldn't have been waiting for the phone, because the point of entering this quilt in Road to CA was not to win a prize. The point of entering this quilt was so that people would see it and perhaps be affected by it.

The Light Shines in the Darkness - close-up

I suspect that this particular quilt could be deemed controversial. It was rejected by Road last year, but I decided to try it again. This year it got in. Knowing that God's word never goes out empty (Isaiah 55:11) I am certain that there is at least one person who will be at the show this year, who was not there last year, who will be touched by the message of this quilt. And for that, I am thankful. It was accepted, it is hanging, and if the quilt touches someone, God gets the glory. :)

Oh, and in case you're wondering, the quilt is hand-appliquéd and hand-quilted. The border lettering is done with acrylic paint and freezer paper stencils. The interior lettering is done free-hand, with a fabric paint pen.

I think that's about it for now... :)

No comments: