Saturday, August 23, 2008

Auf wiedersehen!!

I don't know if I've mentioned it, but we're off to Germany.

Our daughter works for the Arthur Szyk Society, and they have an exhibit making its debut at the Deutsches Historisches Museum in Berlin on Thursday 8/28. She invited us to accompany her, and we're making a bit of a family trip. One of our boys has to stay home and work. :(

We'll be in Germany for about a week, primarily in Berlin, but also visiting Stuttgart and surrounding areas. We plan to see my cousin in Rodgau, and check out Esslingen, the town where my grandfather was born.

Talk about a whirlwind!!!

We've never been to Germany, so we're going to see as much as possible. Sehr gut! I suspect that when we get back, there will be pictures. And maybe even inspiration for a new quilt? You never know...

Don't worry. I haven't forgotten you. I'm just away from the blog (and quilting) for a bit. I fully expect to be back and blogging in the blink of an eye.

'Til then, Auf wiedersehen!!!

No comments: