Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Distractions

Well. I've had some trouble focusing this week, but today I seem to be a bit more on track. I think it helps that I've finished one of the quilts-for-hire that was sitting here, waiting patiently for attention. I did that yesterday.

On Monday, after my double-whammy from Houston - wink - I decided that I needed something to cheer me up. What better way to combat the blues than a belly laugh from Mark Lipinski? I've taken to sitting poolside, and dangling my feet in the water, so that's what I did.

I'm not sure what happened, but when I went outside on Tuesday, to sweep the patio, this is what I discovered:

I'd left my barely-read magazine outside, and of course it was the night that the sprinklers went off. In case you can't tell, here's a close-up of the damage...

arg! At least the pages didn't stick together - if they did, I haven't gotten to that part yet - so the laughs are still intact. He may be a bit off-the-wall, but then, I tend to find that quite entertaining...

In the evenings, we've been watching the Olympics. Hasn't everyone? I've been delighted with this year's coverage. We only have broadcast TV, no cable, and for the past several Olympics I've tried to tune in but found myself tuning out. There was nothing more frustrating than wanting to see the competitions and heats of various sports, and instead, being subjected to endless personal profiles, followed by a 2 minute clip of the finals. This is so much better. I could watch beach volleyball for hours. In fact, I have!!! (My son tells me that he's met Kelly Walsh! Cool!!)

And finally, I haven't been totally distracted. My dad's 80th birthday is coming up this weekend, and I put together this little memento for the big occasion. We'll be heading down south, to help him celebrate. (This photo was taken on his 75th...)


So that's what I've been up to. Now, it's back to work!!!

1 comment:

Debra Dixon said...

Looks like you and I entered the same shows. I am waiting for word about the Hoffman Challenge too.

Yaknow, there are always more shows.. . .where would they be without us?