Monday, August 11, 2008

No and No

Two thin envelopes arrived in the mail today. Thin is never good, at least to my way of thinking. I held my breath and opened the first. "The annual International Quilt Association's Judges Show, Quilts: A World of Beauty, is a very prestigious show..." I didn't have to read any further, except to scan for the name of the quilt. "Cascading Crystal Kaweah."

It didn't get in.

I opened the second letter. Same topic sentence. Scan to end of paragraph: "Psalm 46:10 Be Still."

It didn't get in either.

And so, I can finally breathe. I know, with certainty, that I have not yet reached the level of expertise to play with the big gals. Ah well. There was also a fat envelope in the mail...

It contained three copies of the latest "Quilt It for Christmas" from Quilter's Newsletter. There, on page 58, is my Double Four Patch Christmas quilt. Page 59 has the instructions, and page 61 has helpful hints to add variety.

My show quilts may not be up to snuff for hanging in Houston, but my functional, user-friendly quilt does look good in print. In fact, there are two photos of it. ooh la la!!

So. The day has been mixed. If nothing else, at least I now have something to enter in Pacific International!!! (Cascading Crystal Kaweah.) One less thing to worry about...

No comments: