Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Scrambled Priorities

I'm sure I'm not the only one with a daily "to do" list. I get up, try to prioritize what needs to be done, and then commence to doing it.

The only problem with that is that my priorities often get scrambled. I get side-tracked. I get distracted. I forget my list.

The number one thing currently on my list is to finish the "for-hire" quilting. I have 3 quilts waiting for my attention. They HAVE to be done in the next couple of weeks. If I'm not working on those, I have my own quilts to finish. I'd like to have one done in time to enter Pacific International, the other is my 2009 submission for Paducah. I always say, "Goals are good!"

So, with all of these priority quilts, patiently waiting for my attention, what did I do?

I finished putting together this baby quilt top. The baby isn't due until October. (His/her dad went to Auburn, which dictated the fabric choices.)

When that top was pieced, I started pulling fabrics for a fun project that I dreamt up on Sunday. Here's a peek. Ignore the threads to the side - those are for the for-hire quilt that I was supposed to be working on...

And finally, here are my abandoned projects. Okay, so they're not exactly abandoned, they're just stuffed in the corner. The hand-quilted one needs to be finished by January, the machine quilted one (the folded green quilt in the right foreground) will ideally be finished in three weeks... That's an "in your dreams" goal, no doubt about it....

So now, I'm off, to tackle my list. What's #1 this morning? Pull weeds. go figure. Perhaps today is the day those quilts will start quilting themselves...

No comments: