Sunday, October 12, 2008

More Little "Art-sies"

Well that's just plain rude. Somebody, anybody, PLEASE tell me how to get Blogger to STOP TIPPING MY PICTURES!!! It's always when I have something that I LIKE that they load sideways....not that I don't like the pictures that are right side up, but really. Enough is enough. Did they have to tip three of the four?!!!

Here's the first. I showed it unembellished on September 27. I've since added some foofoo on the bottom. Is it done? I'm not sure. It seems to want a bit more, but I don't know exactly what more it wants. Speak quilt, or forever hold your peace.


We went to a wedding today. The lovely couple met in our living room, during a College/Career Bible study. I've been too busy to make them "a quilt," but I did find the time to make them a little piece of "art." Now it's really artsy, what with the tipping and everything. arg.


I had a bit of trouble keeping the writing from going uphill. After picking it out twice, I decided that it was going to have to do. When I showed it to my husband and asked, "What do you think?" his immediate response was, "The writing isn't very good..." Too late. It was already finished and in the frame. Here's a close-up. Yes, I usually do better, but I just couldn't seem to get it together this time...


Finally, I try to get pictures of the quilts (and cards) that I make with their recipients. For the past year, I've been doing an exceedingly poor job of photo-documenting. In fact, I've been doing a very poor job of even keeping track of what I've made lately. I already know what one of my 2009 resolutions is going to be.

Here is one photo of a quiltlet and its recipient. Since it actually loaded right-side up, I thought I'd share it with you. Happy bday, Wendy!!!


That's all for now folks. Enjoy!

No comments: