Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Something New Every Day

I got up this morning, got my things together and headed out the door for an 8:45 appointment. This is the scene that greeted me:

This is my driveway. My car was in the garage, on the side of the driveway completely blocked by the truck. interesting. I was able to squeeze out the space (only one tire went over the curb), and was on my way.

When I got back an hour later, the truck was still there. I was finishing my painting project when I heard a noise. I looked out the window to see another truck:

(That's my red car, nose to nose with the tow truck.) I watched for a few minutes, to be sure it was out of the way.

This is definitely not something that I see every day. And the funny thing was, the driver of the garbage truck said that this was the second truck that had broken down on him this morning. When I'd asked if he could move it, he couldn't even start it. Good thing the weather was nice, but that didn't seem to make him any happier...

I finished painting the ceiling, and put the furniture back in order. There are a few more details to take care of, but if anyone needs a bed for the night, there is now one available.

The quilt on the bed is the third quilt I made. I finished it in 1986 or 87. It's kind of like a Double Irish Chain, except that I didn't use a pattern and I graphed it wrong on the graph paper. (The chains don't chain the way they are supposed to. oops.) It's hand-quilted.

Finally, at the end of the day, Malcolm is sitting in the finished room, staring out the window. I'm not sure what he's looking for or looking at - all I know is that at least it's not a garbage truck!!

No comments: