Friday, January 1, 2010

January 1, 2010

Happy New Year! I ended 2009 in my usual manner, swinging by the inventory reduction sale at Thimble Towne. I did my part to reduce their inventory. big smile. The downside of that is the expansion of my personal stash. I have no place to put my new treasures.

I'll deal with that later. For today, I'll show you what caught my eye. First, here is my overall selection from my 12/31 shopping. See? I was good. I didn't add any greens. :)

Okay, so maybe I bought one green. But I didn't have any pine needle fabric and I NEEDED it! Doesn't everyone?

I've had my eye on these lovely Asian-inspired pieces. At 50% off, I was out of excuses.

The piece on top of this pile is my second favorite. There's just something about those cats that make me smile.

These fabrics might be useful for a project I have in mind...

I brought these home, because they are so happy and cheerful. I don't often do polka dots. I think I'm being influenced by my peers.

This piece intrigued me. Now that I've got it home, I see all kinds of potential. I should have gotten more yardage than I did.

Finally, I showed my husband what his Christmas gift certificate had been turned into. This was his favorite. He says he doesn't know why. My guess is that it reminds him of Ralston Purina and being a kid. ;)

oops. There was one more. This red poinsettia fabric had fallen on the floor unnoticed. Red and poinsettias are always useful.

Yesterday I went shopping; today I've stayed home and done some sewing. Today's project is this UFO, gifted to me by Jan several years ago. I pulled it out a few times last month, and pieced a few more cows.


I haven't known what to do with it, primarily because the colors just don't inspire me. The arrival of fog finally brought it together for me. Rather than fight the grey, I'm wallowing in it. These foggy day cows are coming together quite nicely. I hope to have to top finished by the time I turn out the light this evening.

Goals are good. Happy New Year!!!

2 comments:

Deborah said...

Those cows are great! I love the fabric selections you made and am looking forward to seeing what you do with them!

Barbara Sindlinger said...

Love the foggy day cows. Perfect for these gray days we've been having.