Sunday, January 17, 2010

Meet My Friend...

...Sharon.

Today they ran an article in the Colorado Springs Gazette about my friend Sharon Schlotzhauer. The start of our friendship is a fun story: we met in the Denver airport, on the way home from Paducah. She and her husband were in the front of our plane; my friends, my husband and I were in the way-back. I saw her quilt in her arms as we boarded, but by the time we disembarked, the couple and the quilt were long gone.

We took advantage of our layover to grab a bite of lunch. Who should walk past our table but the mystery couple with the quilt. "Hey Quiltie Lady!!" The rest is history. We've been good friends for several years.

Anyway, I'd love to introduce her to the rest of you, so click here, if you're interested. She is an amazingly gifted quilter, whose work you have probably seen. In fact, if you were at Road to CA this weekend, you saw the quilt that is featured in shown in the article.

Good job Sharon!!! I hope I didn't embarrass you too much!!! :)

No comments: