Friday, January 22, 2010

Now You See Them

Now you don't

First you don't see them...

Then you do...

In between rainstorms, the landscapers have been very busy. Part of today's agenda included moving two large sago palms from our front yard to the back. As you can see, the lawn is gone, it was removed yesterday. Depending upon the weather, we may get the new lawn on Tuesday.

The landscapers are not the only ones who have been busy. Tonight I put together 30 Double 4-patch blocks (my specialty) for one of the babies due in the next few months.

This is the first time that I've made this block/quilt since I took Sally Collins' precision piecing class. oh. my. gosh. LOOK at that intersection. Is it gorgeous or what?!!! EVERY SINGLE 4-patch is PERFECT. I just want to sit back and admire their beauty. Outstanding!

And that's it for now. Enjoy your weekend!

2 comments:

pb said...

Looks like the yard is going to be beautiful, it is always mud before the beauty. I am jealous of the perfect match. What did she tell you again.

Quiltedtime said...

I'm mystified. How do you tear out a lawn? Grass has got to be one of the most invasive species of plant in the world.