Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Something Old...

A couple of decades ago, our guild hosted a challenge. For my entry, I made a 4-block Mariner's Compass quilt. It was hand-pieced and hand-quilted.

My mother LOVED the quilt. At the time, I didn't want to give it to her (I gave it to her years later, for Mother's Day), so I asked her what colors she liked. She said, "Navy blue, sea green and pink.) ugh. They would not have been my choices to work with, but I used them to make this little hand-pieced, hand-quilted wallhanging for her birthday. Yesterday I stumbled across it as I was cleaning, and thought it would look dandy in the bathroom. What do you think? Do you like it?

Mother's Mariner's Compass
"9.5" x 18"
Suzanne Kistler 1991

I lessened the amount of work by cutting one of the blocks in half. I thought the move was brilliant. :)

The only thing new around here is rain. I took this picture yesterday, as the patio flooded 2" deep. fun, fun, fun. Hold onto your hats, folks, it's a wet one!!

Hope you enjoyed accompanying me on my little jaunt down Memory Lane...

1 comment:

pb said...

I love the quilt and would probably hang it were it could be seen