Monday, February 22, 2010

Call Us Crazy...

We love the backyard so much, we decided to go for the gusto and transform the front as well. Here is the crew, arriving at 8:30am, ready to begin "demolition."

For something like this, you just hold your breath and hope for the best. Every change is out there in the open, for all the world to see... Peel the lawn, roll it up, and take it away...

I am glad that I left this morning, when they chopped down my 10' Rose of Sharon. I had just noticed that it was beginning to push its leaves, and welcome Spring. It had no idea that today was its last. It was a good tree, a beautiful tree, and it gave me years of enjoyment. But it was too big, too messy, and my husband wasn't a fan. oh well. I do have 4 new Rose of Sharons planted in the back. I hope they do as well...

This job will take a lot longer than the back. We're tearing up concrete as well as vegetation. There is also more rain on the horizon. Stay tuned. I can guarantee there will be pictures!

No comments: