Monday, August 2, 2010

Treasure Cache

The first treasure I have to share just came out of my mailbox. I regularly read Vicki's blog at Field Trips in Fiber. A few days ago, she turned the remnant of a cross-stitch kit into a set of postcards. She sent five to the first five people to comment. I am SO excited. I was commentator #2. woohoo!! See my pretty? Thank you so much, Vicki!!

Oh!! How cool is that?!!

As I was looking for the link, I see that she's linked to my postcards on her weekly field-tripping the web post on eye candy. Thank you, Vicki, again!!

On Saturday, my son and I went yard-sale-ing. I picked up these wine stem charms and other charms for a total of 75 cents. I've already dismantled the wine charms and put the candy canes in a spot where they are ready for making Christmas cards. I'm not sure how successful that will be, since the canes are glass and fragile, but they would work on ornaments if they don't work on cards.


At the Salvation Army, their bric-a-brac was 50% off. That means I paid 70 cents for this lovely shell,


And 70 cents for this 14" glazed ceramic fish.

And that's what I've got for today. Hope you enjoyed the show!

No comments: