Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Blue Skies...

Over the weekend it was overcast. It was grey. It was gloomy. The lowhanging clouds were getting to everyone. I heard numerous complaints about how dreary everything was.

My response is to look for the color. How about the spring green that is popping up all over? If there's anything that will perk you up, it's that eye-searing yellow-green. It burns the retinas, compared to the overwhelming grey...

Yesterday, there was a prediction of rain. I believe it. Why do I believe it? Why because I saw blue skies!! Everyone who lives here should have taken a few minutes to stand outside and soak up that blue, even though it was only 41 degrees. For blue skies? It was worth it!!

It was simply amazing.

But look to the south? I do believe there's a storm a'brewin.'

This morning my windchimes were going crazy, but they've gone silent. for now.

I have plans to sew a garment - that's right, the "g" word! - today. Yesterday I cut it out completely. I can't wait to see the finished project, you can be sure I will model it for you. Unfortunately it is just a garment, not wearable art.

Other than the doings around here, I want to take this time to thank all of you for your comments. I read every one of them, but I don't often respond. These past 6 weeks have been particularly busy, and I hope you don't think I'm ignoring you. I'm ignoring everyone. ;)

Seriously, I've felt like I've been hitting the ground running, and time to catch up has been minimal. When I have a few minutes, I post to the blog. I haven't even had time to read the blogs I prefer to frequent on a daily basis. I'm lucky if I get there once a week. That makes me sad. I feel like my blog friends are my neighbors.

Then again, I haven't talked to my neighbors either. I've just been zipping in and out, going a mile a minute.

So, if you have commented and I haven't responded, I apologize for my bad manners. I do appreciate your comments - don't stop! - but I don't seem to have enough hours in the day to do all that I should be doing and acknowledge them.

And now, I'm off and running. Again!

If you have blue skies? Soak them up and appreciate them! Today we're back to dreary grey. Let's just hope that it comes with a bit of rain. :)

No comments: