Monday, January 3, 2011

I See Blue Skies!

Yeah, I know. I live in California. Blue skies are a given, right? No, not right. Especially in the wintertime. Our usual is fog, lots of fog. This year, it's been rain, rain, and more rain. We've received our yearly allotment, all during the month of December. Everything is wet, wetter, or wettest.

Amazingly enough, there has been minimal flooding. The parched dry land has been soaking up the moisture. The biggest problem to affect the most people has been what the rain has done to the roads. They're trashed. Chunks are missing, we've even got sinkholes. In fact, my neighbor has a sinkhole. It was filled in last week, but after another weekend of rain? It's sinking again. glug glug glug

Today's prediction is a "chance" of showers. I don't see a cloud in the sky. I see BLUE, in all directions. Now where are my sunglasses?

It's been a bit of a challenge for me recently, as my car was vandalized. I have an appointment on Wednesday for the repairs. How would you like to drive this in the rain? Me neither.

Charlie doesn't mind the rain, but he particularly enjoys the sunshine.

The primroses are having a rough year this year. Looking soggy, my pretties...

The crazy iris is still doing its best to bloom.

A lone narcissus survived the garden overhaul of last year and is successfully blooming..

And the orchid thrills me with promise here,

And here...

That's all I've got for you. I need to go soak up some rays and hope that they will carry me through until springtime!

1 comment:

gail said...

I see your "Charlie" likes the outside!! I have a huge orange tabby named Dale Thomas who weighs in at 18.2 lbs at 3 yrs!! He's an indoor buddy and I have Poekitten who weighs in at 6 lbs and is also an indoor buddy (she's 14 yrs old and a sweetie) Does he get into your plants? mine love to dig in my african violets!