Monday, June 6, 2011

My Smile is Back

First off, my washing machine is washing beautifully and quietly. Second, the iceman cameth again, and I should have ice by evening. Third, my oil is changed in preparation for a jaunt to Davis to watch our youngest walk in the College of Engineering Graduation. My cup runneth over!

I'm fairly certain that I never showed a picture of my finished white water rafting quilt, begun at Asilomar in a class taught by Ruth McDowell in 2007. I finished it in early May. The finish was a long time coming. I'm sorry the picture is not cropped. I've lost my cropping ability - it was part of my old hard drive and I can't find it on the new one.

"Through the Waters"
Suzanne Kistler, May 2011
Machine pieced, machine quilted, hand beaded

Here's a close-up of some of the beading. I only beaded the white water.

I promised a picture of my latest handwork project. I'm a bit weary of beads. I'm ready to go back to basics.

Here's a better picture of the quilt. I started it when? 15 years ago? At least!!

And finally, if the quilts didn't make you smile, maybe the cats will. Malcolm thinks he's king, snuggled down into a sheepskin. Hey! That's not a cat bed!

Edgar has claimed the computer chair as his. He's trying out his camouflage. Yes, it works. We sit on him quite often.

And finally, no one knows how to enjoy a nap like Charlie. Queen-sized bed, all to himself. What a life!!!





2 comments:

heather said...

The rafting quilt is gorgeous.

Barbara Sindlinger said...

That quilt you're hand quilting looks like those 'lil twister quilts their making now--you were way ahead of the game. Wonderful and so impressed again with your work.