Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Tidbits

For our anniversary, I made a quilted card for my husband. I started with these scraps from my 2010 Hoffman challenge trims. Yes, I still have scraps from July 2010. I use them.

Then I quilted and cut up some orange for accent.

I was inspired by a planned trip to Tahiti, to celebrate the 30 years. Here's the final piece, it measures about 5.5" x 8".

I don't know if you picked up on the 2 big fishies followed by the 4 little'uns. :)

I'm still working on my Hoffman, here's what I added yesterday...(the embroidery and silk ribbons).

I'm hoping to finish up by the weekend. I'll show you the final at that time. Until then, you can only imagine what I've put together. :)

3 comments:

Deborah said...

Great little card! I love the colors and the family fishies.

Barbara Sindlinger said...

Great idea for an anniversary card. Can't wait to see your Hoffman piece. Looks great so far.

pb said...

You know that you are a quilt artist. It looks beautiful (hoffman) Does Pete keep the anniversary cards in a safe place or do you. I am afraid that Mel would put it in his shop and get sawdust over everything so that is the excuse I use not to do one.