Yesterday I pulled a UFO "art" quilt out of the pile, thinking I was going to try a new-to-me facing idea. I'd once seen something similar, on a quilt by Franki Kohler, that I bought a few years ago during the SAQA online auction. (BTW, this year's auction commences this month, Sept 12, at 2pm Eastern.)
Anyway, using the inset circle technique from Jeannette's class at Asilomar, I ended up with this. Yes, folks, this is the BACK of the little quilt. The quilt is about 10" x 12", or maybe a little bigger.
This is the front of the quilt, all wonky, but endearing, in its amazing imperfection.
I've just begun the embellishment - yes, I do the embellishment last - so far I've added some sea foam. Blogger flipped my pic, but it's a combination of French knots and beads. I saw the combo at Long Beach and wondered if I could pull it off. (I included this picture, because that mouse is so doggone cute.)
And here's a close-up of my corner. wow. It doesn't matter that it's flipped, I think it looks pretty good, if I do say so myself.
And now it's off to meet the plumber. Yesterday I noticed a leak as I was out at the walnuts, and we need to get it taken care of, for sure.
Twirly Balls is finally done!
1 week ago