Saturday, July 13, 2013

It No Longer Matters

How hot is it?  It's so hot, that it doesn't matter any more.  It's so hot, that 99 seems like sweater weather.  It's so hot, that I stopped counting after Day 12 of triple digits.  It's so hot, there seems no end in sight, even though I'm currently standing in a 69 degree breeze as I run the whole house fan.

It's so hot, Malcolm lies out there fully exposed, willing the end to come.
"Hey!  What?  What?!!"

I interrupted his dreams of escape, escape by any means possible.

I'm finding it hard to be motivated to do much of anything.  However, I've been knocking out pieces for my Thimble Towne Challenge.  I suppose I could show you our color palette:





I really need to get a new camera.  The"blue" is deep blue violet, the "red" is more of a fuchsia.  My project is moving right along, and will hopefully meet the end of August deadline.

I asked them if it was a blind challenge (keep it secret, shhhh) and they said, "No, but why would you want anyone to steal your idea?" 

hmmm.  I don't think anyone would do that.  The kits are all sold, and surely, with the impending deadline, the challenge quilts are underway...

Let's just say that mine will be fairly clean and uncomplicated...but that does not mean that it is in any way simple.  I'll show you more, later.

For now, I'd better enjoy the current 69 degree offering.  I know it won't last, and if I don't soak it up and savor it, I'll probably be the next one on my back, legs to the sky, wondering when it's going to end...

Think cool thoughts!  ;)

2 comments:

Nina Marie said...

sending you cool prayers on a nice Jehovah breeze!! We're waterlogged on this end of the country - 8" over normal for the year! Saw your quilt at Sacred threads this weekend -LOVELY!! Lisa and her team did a fab job - just amazing!!

Barbara Sindlinger said...

I am sick of the heat too!

I plan on keeping my challenge a secret - probably because it won't be done until right before it's due.