Saturday, July 20, 2013

Out of My Element

oh.  my. 

I can't believe I grew up 28 miles from here.  I am not from here.  I am from 28 miles from here.  I am absolutely having culture shock.

Things I expected to see, I've seen.



Then there's the somewhat familiar, only different:


(How's that for an eye in the sky?  It is NOT the Goodyear blimp!  If it is, it's in disguise!)

And then there's the stuff that's making me a bit uneasy.  Like these shops on kitty-corner street corners:

oh wait!  I found a sign that explains it all:
I think that I will try to steer clear of the Billionaires, and maybe walk along the Coast road again.  After all, where else can you see a lifeguard rescue a snorkler?


There were two more lifeguards standing near me - I was high above the rescue, looking down.  One said to the other, "Can you believe how many foolish people are out today?"  hmmm.  I think I'll stay out of the water.

Where else can you find people out on a guard-railed precipice, looking at sleeping harbor seals?

I totally expected a rogue wave to come out of nowhere and sweep this couple away:
I think this is all a bit much for me.  Time to get back to the machine, put my fabric together and sew!
I am certain I will post more later.  I've already taken more than 100 pictures!

Have you figured out where I am?  If so, tell me.  All I know is I'm feeling like a stranger in a strange land!  ;)





No comments: