A long time ago, back in 2006, I made this quilt for the Hoffman Challenge.
I didn't know how large a quilt I wanted to make, I just started cutting bias strips and went with it. Like most of my projects, I over cut. I put the leftovers into a nice little box and put them away to "make something else someday." Here was that box in 2009:
And time passed by.
While watching the World Cup, I thought it would be a great idea to finish cutting those strips, piecing those squares, and putting the quilt top together.
Today, as I cleared a spot to reach my suitcase (it was still full of fabric from Asilomar), I uncovered more strips. I must have set them aside when I was pressing, then put something on top of them.
Odds are that this will all go back into the box and remain unfinished for longer. grrrr. I REALLY need to get organized!
Hope you're making better progress than I am. Happy Quilting!
2017 Pacific International Quilt show
1 day ago