Tuesday, July 15, 2014

groan

A long time ago, back in 2006, I made this quilt for the Hoffman Challenge.
Wow.  That WAS a long time ago!  (The picture was taken at BOTV in April 2007.)

I didn't know how large a quilt I wanted to make, I just started cutting bias strips and went with it.  Like most of my projects, I over cut.  I put the leftovers into a nice little box and put them away to "make something else someday."  Here was that box in 2009:
By that time, the green fabric with the swirls had been added, with the thought of turning those bias squares into stars and maybe a baby quilt.

And time passed by.

While watching the World Cup, I thought it would be a great idea to finish cutting those strips, piecing those squares, and putting the quilt top together.

I even got so far as to decide that the green didn't really work, and maybe I should go with purple.
And then it happened.

Today, as I cleared a spot to reach my suitcase (it was still full of fabric from Asilomar), I uncovered more strips.  I must have set them aside when I was pressing, then put something on top of them.
oops.  I found enough to make at least another 10 blocks.  groan.

Odds are that this will all go back into the box and remain unfinished for longer.  grrrr.  I REALLY need to get organized!

Hope you're making better progress than I am.  Happy Quilting!





4 comments:

Barbara Sindlinger said...

Too funny! (At least for us readers - maybe not for you.)

Quiltedtime said...

The good news is that the colors are beautiful.

Elaine said...

It is beautiful and at least you started something with your leftovers-you could ignore your second find:)

sewmuchfun said...

Love the quilt, it will be beautiful when finished :)